Call for Submissions
OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS
COBALT GALLERY AND CLAY STUDIO & YELLOW HOUSE GALLERY & FRAMING PRESENT:
“” PRECIOUS SNOWFLAKES HOLIDAY ART SALE AND FESTIVAL”
NOVEMBER 17TH 2017-JANUARY 20TH
(* galleries may close during xmas and new years)
$15 plus HST per piece., max size : 10″x10″ or under
Maximum number of pieces 4. (*4th spot is a replacement for sold works.)
*We recommend purchasing several spots from each gallery if your budget allows, to give your multiple works the most exposure throughout the show!
***THIS OPEN CALL RUNS UNTIL NOVEMBER 6TH- GET YER SPOT NOW!***
TERMS OF SHOW:
*any medium or style or theme accepted
(Please note: galleries reserve the right to reject the submitted work if content deemed inappropriate for their retail space.)
*Any framed works must be to a professional standard.
If needed, all participating artists (in both galleries) will receive a competitive rate for a custom framing your work(s) in the show. Max. framed size 10” x 10”
*All works must be for sale
Artist sets the price
15% gallery commission on all sales.
All sale runs through the gallery and the price is subject to HST
Artist receives their portion of the sale at the end of the exhibition.
DROP OFF OF WORK:
HARD DEADLINE: SUNDAY NOVEMBER 12TH
WORK MUST BE READY TO HANG, WORKS MUST BE CLEARLY LABELLED ON THE BACK WITH: TITLE, ARTIST NAME, MEDIUM, PRICE. PLUS AN INVENTORY SHEET. PLEASE.
*Work dropped off with no hardware installed or with incomplete labelling will not be hung.
We really look forward to an awesome holiday season and a great art party with ya’ll!
contact the galleries
COBALT GALLERY : 416-694-0156
YELLOW HOUSE: 416-792-8460
Yellow House is a professional gallery space, ground level, with:
- great natural light from a large window display area
- effective track lighting
- approx 600 square feet, approx, 40 feet of wall space plus window display
- Regular traffic due to our custom framing operation
- Strong social media presence and professional gallery promotion of work
The space is available for individual artists or groups to rent for Exhibitions pending general approval of the work.
*Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries on rental options, rates and schedules.
Artists may also submit individual pieces to be considered for the Yellow House Collection – to be held on long-term consignment, storage and for possible representation on our website. These submissions are subject to a more competitive selection process.
Artist Submission Instructions:
To be considered:
Write an email addressed to our Exhibition Coordinator, Liam Blackburn at: email@example.com
In the Subject line: Artist Submissions/ full name/ specify whether consignment or rental submission
Body of the email:
- Intro with name and contact info,
- include a list of recent exhibition or artist activity (if applicable.) We’d just like to know if you have experience showing in a gallery setting. You will still be considered if not.
- *Images: Attach as individual jpegs (no other format) please attach 10 works for consideration, listing medium, size.
- You may also include your website, but you still need to attach select images of your strongest work.
*note: submissions that do not follow these instructions run the risk of not being read or considered by our staff.
We look forward to seeing your work!